Have you been taking a lot of care to make sure you’ve been eating a healthy diet? At the same time, do you wonder if you’re successful? If you’ve been trying hard, then you know that the answer isn’t entirely obvious.
The more you look into eating a healthy diet, the more you find complex or even conflicting information about what it’s all about. Furthermore, since we’re all only human, that means that none of us will eat absolutely perfectly every single day for the rest of our lives. So will our slip-ups and the times when we give in to temptation really be enough to hold us back?
Consider the following signs that you’re eating a healthy diet to see if you’re on the right track:
1. You’re sleeping well – If you’re eating a healthy diet, particularly if you’re exercising regularly too, then the odds are that you never need to use your snooze button. In fact, you might not need to use your alarm clock. You could find that either you’re waking up a few minutes before the alarm goes off every morning, or when it goes off, you feel recharged, refreshed and ready to face your day.
2. Fruit flies in your kitchen – If you find yourself going nuts every late summer and fall because you’re swatting fruit flies in your kitchen, then it could be a sign that you’re eating nutritious foods. No matter how careful you are to wipe down your kitchen counters and dispose of your fruit and veggie peels, seeds and cores, fruit flies will find a way to survive and sail through your kitchen. Every person eating a healthy diet has felt this frustration. However, at the same time that you’re swatting these little nuisances out of the way, give yourself a pat on the back for eating so well.
3. Better physical performance – When your body is receiving all the nutrition it needs on a regular basis, then you may find that your physical performance during your workouts will improve. Combining the right nutrition and resting period can lead you to suddenly find exercises that used to challenge you much easier than they once were.
4. You have endless energy – Eating properly gives you all the energy you need for your day. When you’re eating, exercising and sleeping well, you should feel that you have the appropriate amount of energy from the point you wake up in the morning to the moment you go to bed at night.
5. Your weight manages itself – Eating nutritious, portion controlled foods as a part of a healthy lifestyle will allow your weight to come off in a gradual and natural way. Once it’s gone, it will stay gone because your body will be healthy and managing itself properly.